With the ongoing pandemic, chances are you haven’t been able to travel in quite some time. That could mean being cooped up in the house for too long, or unable to visit loved ones. As more and more people receive their vaccination, the number of travelers is on the rise, but there are still risks when traveling. Serenity Home Care is dedicated to keeping you safe, even when you’re not in our direct care. Here, we discuss some factors to think about when traveling during the pandemic, and tips to keep you safe.
Considerations for Trip Planning
As you plan your trip, it’s important to consider all possible precautions before traveling. This approach can keep you and your loved ones safe during these uncertain times. Questions to ask yourself while planning include:
- Are COVID-19 cases on the rise where I’m heading?
- Is COVID-19 spreading in my community?
- Are you or the people traveling with you considered high risk for the virus?
- Do you live with someone who is at a higher risk?
- Are you required to quarantine when you arrive at your destination or when you return home?
Tips for Travelling During the Pandemic
The risks of COVID-10 exposure can vary depending on where you’re traveling to, who you’re traveling with, where you’ll be staying, and how you will be getting there. Some tips for safe travel include:
Personal Vehicle Care
When deciding how you’re traveling to your destination, taking your personal vehicle eliminates the risks associated with public transportation. However, you still need to take precautions, such as:
- Cleaning and disinfecting: Wipe down all areas of the vehicle that are considered high-touch surfaces (i.e. steering wheel, seat belts, armrests, buttons and knobs, door handles, etc.).
- Bring additional antibacterial wipes: Having additional wipes and hand sanitizer allows you to safely disinfect your vehicle after every stop you make.
Traveling by Air
When taking a plane, you subject yourself to exposure at a much higher rate than if you were to drive. However, airlines are aware of these risks and are doing all they can to ensure traveling by plane is safe for everyone. Precautions to take before your flight include checking to see if the airline;
- Enforces social distancing
- Has a strict face mask policy
- Provides access to hand sanitizing stations
Protecting Yourself at a Hotel or Rental
If you’re not planning to stay with friends or family, chances are you’ll need to book a hotel room or rental. If you continue to practice social distancing, remain cautious, and ask the right questions, your stay can be very safe. Before booking anywhere, you should look into the property’s cleaning protocols and ask any questions you may have concerns about.
Travel with Confidence during the COVID-19 Pandemic
As you think about traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important to keep in mind the potential risk factors. Considering these risk factors and taking the proper precautions can help keep you safe. Serenity Home Care views our clients in Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington Counties like family, and we want them to remain safe while they’re traveling. To learn more about safely traveling during the pandemic, please contact us today.
- Diligent hand washing and sanitizing Client homes
- Social distancing, mandatory and proper use of PPE
- Strict cohort group scheduling per Client. Each Client will have the same group of Caregivers weekly.